World News

Virginia Roberts releases photos that PROVE sex assault papers were sent to Prince Andrew at his home address

VIRGINIA Roberts has released photos that PROVE the sex abuse lawsuit papers were sent to Prince Andrew's home address.

Prince Andrew's lawyers are continuing to thwart efforts to serve the lawsuit and spark a 21-day period for the duke to reply – but pictures show the papers were sent to the Duke at his home.

Sent via a Royal Mail post box, the envelope which contained the papers was sent off to the duke, with the stamp of the Queen's head on the top.

These photos released as evidence in US court filings show the lawsuit was posted to Andrew on September 9 – one of five attempts to reach the accused royal.

They show a worker from the London office of law firm Boies Schiller Flexner LLP posting the envelope containing the lawsuit into a traditional red Royal Mail post box.

It was addressed to 'Prince Andrew' at his 100-acre 30-room mansion at Royal Lodge on the private Windsor Great Park, just three miles from Windsor Castle, on September 9.

And even came with a first class stamp bearing the Queen's profile.

It was one of five attempts made by US lawyers to serve the papers.

The photos were released in Manhattan while Andrew's £1,000-a-day legal team continue to delay the case.

They have challenged the High Court's ruling that it has jurisdiction to serve the lawsuit on behalf of the US lawyers.

A ruling last night now says the document can instead be given to the duke's Hollywood lawyer Andrew Brettler.

The prince is hiding at Balmoral with the Queen and Fergie which is out of reach of the English court.

Roberts Giuffrre's lawyers said: "Service is not intended to be a game of hide and seek behind palace walls."

Ms Giuffre is suing the Queen's son for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager.

She is seeking unspecified damages – but there is speculation the sum could be in the millions of dollars.

She claims she was trafficked by Andrew's former friend and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with the duke when she was aged 17 and a minor under US law.

Andrew has vehemently denied all the allegations.

The High Court said in a statement: "Lawyers for Prince Andrew have indicated that they may seek to challenge the decision of the High Court to recognise the validity of the Hague Convention request for service made by Ms Giuffre's lawyers.

"The High Court has directed that any challenge must be made by close of business on September 24."

The issue of whether or not Andrew has been notified about the case – known as service of proceedings – was contested during the first pre-trial hearing of the civil case on Monday in New York.

David Boies, representing Ms Giuffre, said papers had been "delivered to the last known address of the defendant" and documents had also been sent "by Royal Mail".

    Source: Read Full Article