World News

Prince Andrew 'served by lawyers AGAIN' over sex assault allegations as embattled Duke remains in hiding

PRINCE Andrew has been served again with legal papers again, according to the lawyer of his accuser Virginia Giuffre.

Documents were emailed to the Duke of York’s US lawyer, Andrew Brettler, in Los Angeles today.


The Duke's team have been given seven days by the High Court to challenge its decision to begin notifying Andrew about the US civil case against him.

Andrew has vehemently denied the allegations in the past.

David Boies, Virginia’s lawyer, confirmed to The Sun today that his firm had now served Prince Andrew's US attorney, Andrew Brettler, by FedEx and email.

US judge Lewis Kaplan ruled last week that sending court papers to Andrew’s lawyer would be acceptable – meaning the royal does not have to be physically served.

Andrew, 61, now has 21 days dating from last Friday to respond to the lawsuit.

Mr Boies told The Sun: "We would not try to serve him when he’s visiting his granddaughter."

Mr Boies said: "I don’t mean to be mean, but I’ve not understood exactly what his strategy is. If he’s continuing to hide now, I’m even more uncertain what his strategy is.

“The service is now over.”

US lawyers want to serve papers accusing him of "rape in the first degree".

A Royal source said: "Andrew has made it quite clear that he wasn’t leaving Balmoral.

"It would appear the advice to him was to stay in hiding and miss the whole thing."

Sarah Ferguson, who has been staying with her former husband at the Queen’s 50,000-acre retreat, made the 500-mile trip to ­London’s Chelsea and Westminster hospital.

'ANDREW STILL IN BALMORAL'

Beatrice, 33, gave birth to the 11th in line to the throne shortly before midnight on Saturday.

The girl, weighing 6lbs and 2oz, is so far unnamed.

But it is thought Andrew will remain at Balmoral for three weeks as wrangling continues.

The High Court on Friday gave his £1,000-a-day legal team a week to challenge its decision giving itself jurisdiction to serve the papers.

The civil claims were lodged by Virginia Roberts Giuffre last month.

She alleges billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who died in a jail cell in 2019, trafficked her to have sex with Andrew when she was 17.


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article