World News

Man City’s Benjamin Mendy arrives at court to face four counts of rape and one sexual assault

MANCHESTER City star Benjamin Mendy has arrived at court in a prison van charged with sex attacks on three different women.

The left-back, 27, is accused of raping a woman three times at his home in October last year. 



Mendy allegedly raped a second woman last month while he was on police bail.

The French international is also accused of sexually assaulting a female in January at his home and breaking his bail conditions.

The four counts of rape and one of sexual assault relate to three different women, it is said.

They allegedly took place between October last year and August and all the women areover the age of 16.

Mendy, who is in custody, is due to appear at Chester Crown Court this afternoon.

A prison van transporting the footballer was seen driving into the court today.

His co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, is also due to appear in the dock charged with four rapes.

Matturie, who is described as Mendy’s “runner”, was arrested last month – shortly after the footballer's first appearance in court.

Premier League champions Man City spent a reported £49.2million signing Mendy from French side Monaco in 2017.

He last played for the club on August 15 during their 1-0 defeat to Tottenham at the start of the season.

But he was part of the squad that defeated Norwich 5-0 last weekend.

In September last year City boss Pep Guardiola revealed Mendy would be out of the game for at least a month due to an injury.

In a statement, the club said: “Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.

“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”




    Source: Read Full Article