World News

Boy, 17, struck in the Bronx amid borough shooting spree: cops

More On:

shootings

Gunmen shoot rapper 64 times as he walks out of jail, killing him

Trio of masked gunmen injure four in yet another NYC shooting

Man opens fire, drives truck into Georgia bar

Eric Adams’ smart talk on guns and policing goes national

A 17-year-old boy was shot in the stomach in the Bronx Monday night — amid a spree of shootings involving teen victims across the borough, authorities said. 

The teen was walking with his friends at the corner of Creston Avenue and East 179th Street in Mount Hope around 11:40 p.m. when one of his pals yelled, “They shooting!,” according to cops and police sources. 

The teen did not realize until he ran home that he had been shot — and claimed he didn’t see the shooter, the sources said. 

He was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital in stable condition. 

Investigators found one bullet at the crime scene. 

No arrests have been made. 

The gun violence comes on the tail of three separate fatal shootings of teens in the Bronx, which sources say are linked. 

Tyquill Daugherty, 19, was the first killed in the gang-fueled violence. He was shot in the head in front of his home in Crotona just before midnight Wednesday, sources and cops said.

In retaliation, 13-year-old Jaryan “Jay Ripp’’ Elliot, a suspected member of the Crips, was fatally shot about five blocks away in Belmont, sources said.

Elliot — who just graduated from middle school — was at the scene when Daugherty was shot, although he is not believed to have pulled the trigger, sources said. 

Several hours later, revenge for his murder was taken on 16-year-old Ramon Gil-Medrano, who was gunned down by two males on scooters a little over a mile away in Mount Hope, sources said.

Gil-Medrano, who was affiliated with the 800 YGz, or “Young Gunnaz,’’ gang, had been at the scene of the 13-year-old’s slaying, although it is not clear if he was responsible for the killing, sources said.

The motive for Monday night’s shooting was not immediately clear, nor whether it was connected to the recent violence in the borough. 

“We’ve had a bad run right now in the Bronx, specifically with gang violence involving young kids,” Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said on NY1 Tuesday of the recent shootings. “And this is what — literally I’ll tell you, this is what keeps me up. It kept me up last night. What are we going to do about this? And I think everyone should be talking about it and I’ve said that many times.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article