TV & Movies

Strictly’s Motsi Mabuse targeted by thieves who broke into her dance school

Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse has revealed that her dance school in Germany was broken into earlier this week.

The 39-year-old was forced to take an emergency flight on Tuesday in order to help the police to try and solve the crime.

Motsi shared a photo of one of the dance school's glass doors – which had been smashed – on Instagram and wrote: "Unfortunately we have no good news.

"Someone tried to break into our school. We are working with the police to solve this crime.

"We know we have been targeted on purpose and we will improve security in our school so that this will not happen again."

The mum-of-one was pictured at Heathrow airport on Tuesday wearing a face mask, but is now believed to be back in the UK.

People are prohibited from travelling abroad except in "limited circumstances such as for work or for education," according to current UK lockdown rules.

Guidelines state that those "who live outside the UK but work in the UK and travel between their country of residence and the UK at least once a week" do not have to isolate.

Motsi, whose sister is Strictly pro Oti, moved semi-permanently to London to film Strictly Come Dancing, while her husband Evgenij Voznyuk and their two-year-old daughter remain in Germany.

It's been reported that Motsi is now self-isolating for a fortnight in accordance with the lockdown rules.

She told fans: "Hi guys – earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason.

"I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.

"I'll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms."

She then added: "Watch out though, I'll be doing my own hair and make-up!"

Professional dancer Anton Du Beke is filling in for Motis as a judge while she is in quarantine this weekend.

On Friday, the official Strictly Come Dancing Twitter account confirmed the news by sharing a photo of 54-year-old Anton.

"We are pleased to announce that the King of Ballroom Anton du Beke is stepping into our Judging panel this weekend. Good luck Anton!" they captioned the snap.

On BBC Two's It Takes Two, on Friday, Anton was quizzed by Gethin Jones on what his judging style will be like and he said that he will be "enthusiastic."

He then added that he had spoken to former head judge Len Goodman, who assessed on the show for 14 series before hanging up his scoring panel four years ago, and that he urged him to be genuine and authentic.

Anton shared: "Len said, 'be yourself and say what you see'."

Source: Read Full Article