Questions are asked and decisions are made, with shocking consequences to follow, in yet another unmissable week for the UK’s biggest soaps, so grab the popcorn!
Coronation Street lines up a number of setbacks for killer Stephen Reid, who will soon be faced with the prospect of being caught out once Carla Connor makes an unannounced return to work.
But is the game finally up?
EastEnders, meanwhile, sees Ravi Gulati arrested after Callum Highway is called into action, but is it time for the restaurateur to finally face the music? Or will he, like he has done so many times before, manage to talk his way out of this?
Over in Emmerdale, Rhona Goskirk faces a huge shock when a blast from the past arrives in the eponymous village, while Hollyoaks sees Juliet Nightingale receives huge news – and James continues his plot with Eric Foster to raise the cash to fund his sister’s private treatment.
Talk about an action-packed week, right?
That’s just the tip of the iceberg, so without further ado, sit back, relax and grab yourself a cuppa, as we take a deep dive into all of the juicy goings-on in soapland next week (April 3 to 7).
1. Kim receives an award for ‘Influencer of the moment’, but her joy is short-lived when she returns to the Square to find Denzel having thrown a house party. Howie fumes at his son, but Kim soon lets the joy of her award win take over, taking Denzel for a spin. Devastation, however, ensues, with a car crash putting Denzel’s life on the line.
2. Denise tries to comfort Kim, who reveals that it was her sister’s messages from Ravi that were to blame for the collision. Denise, horrified, subsequently reveals all and, afterwards, Kim insists that she get Chelsea to break things off with Ravi, fearing she’ll get hurt. Denise, desperate, makes a mysterious phone call – but to who?
3. Nugget is tasked with babysitting Jordan but, once alone, he takes the baby along to Denzel’s house party, where he shirks his responsibilities to be with his friends. Chelsea, meanwhile, thinks twice about her feelings towards Ravi when their passionate kiss prompts a warning from Stacey, as she begins to grill Ravi in attempt to gauge a better understanding of his character.
4. Ravi is seething when he learns that Nugget took Jordan to Denzel’s party, and attempts to discipline him for his actions – but Nugget hits back, criticising his parenting. Ravi lashes out at his son, leaving him terrified, as he runs to Suki and Nish for help.
5. Callum enjoys a drink with husband Ben, but his attention is soon elsewhere when he receives an urgent work call, abruptly leaving to arrest Ravi! But what for? That remains to be seen, but the gangster remains tight-lipped at the station, before being temporarily released.
6. Freddie finds himself double booked with two dates for the same evening as he panics whether he can pull it off, Stacey convinces him to go but his other family members aren’t convinced. Later at The Vic, Jean, Stacey and Harvey arrive to watch as Freddie attempts to navigate both dates, but he subsequently gets them muddled up.
7. Jean questions Freddie’s intelligence, which prompts him to open up about a former teacher of his, Mr Hawthorne, who humiliated him at school. Appalled, Jean insists that Freddie confront this so-called teacher, which he ultimately does, but just what will the outcome of the confrontation entail?
8. Tracy calls at the police station and glues herself to the counter, explaining to the desk sergeant that she’s not going anywhere until they take Amy’s rape allegation seriously. Steve and Amy arrive at the police station to find Tracy about to give an interview to Suki, the reporter from the Gazette, but Amy begs her mum not to go ahead with it, subsequently changing her story.
9. Stephen faces a number of setbacks as Elaine reminds him that, in order for them to buy a house together, the solicitor needs proof of funds. When Michael reveals that he’s promised the girls an even bigger bonus off the back of the new deal, Stephen masks his fury and calls Rufus in a bid to try and renegotiate and, to complicate matters even further, Carla subsequently returns to work!
10. Damon finds Sarah eating alone in the Rovers and reminds her that his sole intention is to get her into bed. How will she react to such a statement? That remains to be seen, but Dee-Dee clocks the chemistry between the two – just what will she do about it?
11. Faye asks Craig to come round to meet Miley as she is visiting later but how will Faye feel about Craig inviting Beth along too?
12. Paul attends his appointment with the neurologist, who tells him that he might be suffering from onset motor neurone disease. As he heads off for a meal with the family, will he tell them the truth?
13. Glenda recognises tricky customer Estelle, and explains that they used to work together on the cruise ships. Estelle reveals that she’s now the co-owner of a performing arts club for kids and anyone can buy into the franchise and open their own branch, Glenda’s interest is piqued.
14. Brian tells Rita that he’s planning a trip to Napoli to stay with his cousin Isabella and wonders if she’d look after the Kabin for him. Rita refuses and Brian resolves to ask Mary instead.
Want more soapy goss? We’ve got you covered!
Hope Street continues on Fridays, and the fourth outing of the second series proves to be another unmissable one, with DI Al Quinn kissing someone he shouldn’t! Friday March April at 1:45pm on BBC One.
Home and Away continues weekdays on Channel 5, and Ziggy continues to struggle with motherhood, disappearing while Dean is asleep. Dean eventually tracks her down, and the two have a heart-to-heart, with Ziggy opening up about how she’s been feeling.
Brookside continues on STV Player, with an additional five episodes from 1983 set to drop on Wednesday, but what’s in store this week for the residents of the close? Well, it’s Anabelle’s birthday, and the Colins’ are quick to celebrate her. Wednesday April 5 on STV Player.
More information on how to watch here.
15. Sparks fly for Caleb and Leyla, who subsequently spend the night together, with news of their passion swiftly spreading around the village.
16. Leyla’s attention is soon elsewhere, as she discovers that Callum has been released on bail. A hooded figure is later seen watching a spooked Leyla, but Caleb comes to her rescue, with the identity of her stalker being revealed – but just who is it?
17. Kim is seething as Gabby and Nicky reveal that they’re an item, with the businesswoman firing Nicky on the spot. Desperate to make everyone see just how much he loves Gabby, Nicky proposes. Gabby, delighted, accepts his proposal, much to the horror of Kim, who is forced to accept things as they are after Gabby threatens to remove Thomas from her life.
18. Rhona receives a huge shock when her ex-husband Gus arrives in the village, but the bigger shock comes later, with Gus revealing that he’s hoping to use one of her frozen embryos, which she thought had been destroyed. What’s more, Gus has been in contact with the clinic – and has even been acting on her behalf, leaving her with an impossible choice to make.
19. Caleb is determined to make things right with Kim.
20. Mary seizes the day and makes a move on Faye, much to her delight. Faye, however, is later upset when Mary doesn’t turn up for a date, with Mary forced to reveal that she fell asleep. Afterwards, Mary invites Faye upstairs.
21. Eric reveals that, in order for James to get his hands on the money for Juliet’s private treatment, he needs to break into his caravan, which is being held by the police, but James ultimately gets caught doing so!
22. Juliet receives some good news about her treatment, and she subsequently plans a trip with Peri, which leaves Donna-Marie crushed, as she was hoping to go with her. To complicate matters further, both Peri and Juliet intend on slipping away without saying goodbye.
23. Donna-Marie, struggling with everything, turns to the booze.
24. Mercedes admits to her family she may have ruined things with Felix when he revealed that he loves her. After some wise words of wisdom from her loved ones, the former landlady sets out to win her man back, but is it too little too late?
25. Romeo begins to grow suspicious of Rayne’s past, but just what will his investigation turn up?
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One. Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm on ITV. Emmerdale airs Mondays to Fridays at 7:30pm on ITV. Hollyoaks airs Mondays to Fridays at 7pm on E4, with first look episodes daily on All4.
If you’ve got a soap or TV story, video or pictures get in touch by emailing us [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you.
Join the community by leaving a comment below and stay updated on all things soaps on our homepage.
Source: Read Full Article