The San Diego State Aztecs (6-1) visit the UNLV Rebels (2-5) in a Mountain West Conference West Division contest on Saturday at 10:30 p.m. ET.
San Diego State at UNLV: Betting trends and tips
Get some action on this game or others by placing a bet at BetMGM!
- A tremendous defense has San Diego State enjoying a fine season. The Aztecs have yielded just 13.7 PPG on only 270 yards per contest. The SDSU run defense (62.6 YPG, 2.4 YPC) ranks third in the nation in yards allowed.
- SDSU has played two teams on the road – San Jose State and New Mexico State – that figure as similar to UNLV. The Aztecs defeated SJSU by 10 and NMSU by 21.
- In its five losses this season, UNLV’s average margin of defeat has been 26.4 points.
- SDSU is playing its second straight game on the road for a fifth time over the last three seasons. In that stretch, the Aztecs are 4-0 ATS on the back-end game.
- A year ago, the Rebels snapped a six-game losing skid by defeating the Aztecs 27-24 in San Diego. UNLV outscored SDSU 14-0 in the fourth quarter of that Nov. 10 contest. The win snapped a four-game losing streak in the series.
- SDSU has had just 28 plays from scrimmage go 20 yards-plus. Looking at plays that go at least 10 yards (88 times), that 28 number is off-the-charts-low. Some regression gravity can be expected, making the Aztec offense a bit of a pick to click (within reason).
- The Aztecs are: 6-2 ATS over their last eight games as a road favorite … 11-3 ATS over their last 14 road games … 9-2 ATS over their last 11 games on turf.
- The Rebels are: 1-5 ATS over their last six games after allowing more than 450 total yards the previous game … 1-3-1 ATS in their last five MWC games … 1-6-1 ATS in their last eight home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
San Diego State at UNLV: Odds, betting lines and picks
Oct 5, 2019; Las Vegas, NV; UNLV Rebels quarterback Kenyon Oblad. Photo Credit: Stephen R. Sylvanie – USA TODAY Sports)
Oct 5, 2019; Las Vegas, NV; UNLV Rebels quarterback Kenyon Oblad. (Photo Credit: Stephen R. Sylvanie – USA TODAY Sports)
Odds via BetMGM ; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Thursday at 12:50 a.m. ET.
San Diego State 31, UNLV 14
Moneyline ( ?)
AVOID. San Diego State is -556, while UNLV is +400. The Aztecs are just too pricey and the Rebels aren’t going to win outright.
Against the Spread ( ?)
SDSU has recruited better football players, so there’s an edge in talent here. It shouldn’t be a problem for the visitors to win by more than two touchdowns. Take SAN DIEGO STATE -13.5 ( -110).
New to sports betting? Every $1.10 wagered that SDSU will win by 14 points or more profits $1. (Ex: Bet $11 to win $10, $22 win $20, $110 to win $100).
Over/Under ( ?)
Both teams rank in the bottom-40 in total offense, but the Over/Under 44.5 (-115, -106) draws a PASS.
Skip is 9-12 ATS and 10-5 against the number in 2019 college football plays.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet atBetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow@SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
World Series: Simone Biles made a standing flip look easy before throwing first pitch
NBA fans can’t get enough of Tyronn Lue snubbing Rich Paul’s handshake on opening night
The NFL world was stunned that Patrick Mahomes practiced 6 days after dislocating kneecap
Magic Johnson defended Michael Jordan for saying Steph Curry isn’t a Hall of Famer
Fantasy football trade targets for Week 8: Buy Tevin Coleman, sell the Patriots defense
Source: Read Full Article