The Los Angeles Chargers (2-5) have been a huge disappointment this season, sitting in last place in the AFC West after seven weeks. The Chicago Bears (3-3) are trying to keep pace with the Vikings and Packers in the NFC North, but have lost two straight and fallen back to .500. We focus on the Chargers-Bears odds and lines, with sports betting picks and tips on the matchup.
Chargers at Bears: Week 8 preview, betting trends and notes
Get some action on the games by betting at BetMGM. New customer offer: RISK-FREE First Bet (up to $500!) paid in free bets.
- Neither team has been good against the spread (ATS) this season. The Chargers are 1-4-2, while the Bears are 2-4.
- The Chargers are 1-6 both ATS and straight-up in their last seven games against the Bears.
- The Bears are 4-0 ATS in their last four games at home against teams below .500.
- Chicago has been good at Soldier Field in recent seasons, going 17-7-1 ATS in its last 25 home games.
- The Bears defense has been almost as good as advertised, ranking fifth in points allowed and 10th in yards. However, the offense is 26th in points scored and 30th in yards.
- The Chargers offense has been equally disappointing, ranking 23rd in points scored, only scoring more than 20 points twice this season.
Chargers at Bears: Key injuries
The Bears are far healthier than the Chargers at this point in the season, especially after getting Mitchell Trubisky back last week.
Chargers guard Forrest Lamp was placed on IR this week, while both Melvin Ingram and Nasir Adderley have hamstring injuries.
Chargers at Bears: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Bears 24, Chargers 20
Moneyline ( ?)
Both teams come into this one in poor form, but the Bears have looked better this season. Trubisky should get back on track with the offense likely balancing out after last week’s lopsided game plan, and the defense has continued to play at a high level. Take the BEARS (-223) to win straight-up.
Against the Spread ( ?)
Don’t expect the Bears to put up a ton of points, which makes the 3.5-point spread seem even bigger than it actually is. However, the defense is littered with talent and should keep the Chargers in check. Give the 3.5 points and take the BEARS (-121) to cover.
Over/Under ( ?)
If the Chargers figure out how to properly use their RBs, they could get on a roll. But that simply hasn’t been the case this season, and therefore the offense will be limited. The Bears will score just enough to cover the spread and also push the point total over 40.5 points. Bet the OVER (-121).
Want action on this game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @camdasilva and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
10 things we learned from Richard Petty on Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s podcast
The NFL world was stunned that Patrick Mahomes practiced 6 days after dislocating kneecap
Kirk Cousins is playing at an MVP level. Here’s why it won’t last.
Joe Buck had an excellent response to Astros fan’s ‘Joe Buck Sucks’ shirt
Week 8 fantasy football studs, duds and sleepers: Sony Michel will have another big day
Source: Read Full Article