Hair stylist shares her ‘secret’ solution to banish oily roots and dandruff – and it promises to leave your locks shiny and sleek for days
- Hair Stylist Sophie is dubbed the ‘Aussie Rapunzel’ thanks to metre-long locks
- Said the secret to shiny hair with no oil or dandruff is an apple cider vinegar rinse
A hair stylist from Sydney dubbed the ‘Aussie Rapunzel’ thanks to her metre-long hair has shared her simple solution for banishing oily roots and dandruff, and it promises to leave you with sleek and shiny locks for days.
The 23-year-old, who is called Sophie but goes by the name the ‘Aussie Rapunzel’, said once a week she dilutes half a cup of apple cider vinegar in 1.5 litres of water.
She then puts this in a spray bottle and sprays it all over the top of her hair, concentrating on her roots and scalp before washing her hair as normal.
Scroll down for video
A hair stylist from Sydney dubbed the ‘Aussie Rapunzel’ thanks to her metre-long hair has shared her simple solution for banishing oily roots and dandruff (Sophie pictured)
Sophie said you simply need to mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with 1.5 litres of water and then spray it through your hair, before leaving for 10 minutes and washing off (pictured)
Sophie wrote on Instagram: ‘Mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with 1.5 litres of water.
‘Apple cider vinegar balances the pH level of your scalp and acts as a clarifying agent to remove product buildup and oils leaving you with super shiny, glossy hair’.
She added: ‘Doing this will contribute to the overall health and shine of your hair.
‘I sprayed it onto my roots and ends and left it on for 10 minutes before washing my hair as normal. Try this next time you wash your hair and thank me later’.
Hundreds who saw Sophie’s post were quick to comment and said they’d try it themselves.
‘I tried this and it’s absolutely amazing,’ one person wrote.
‘Omg this is unreal. So bright,’ another added.
A third wrote: ‘Saving. Definitely trying this’.
Previously, Sophie (pictured) shared the three secrets that help keep her metre-long hair looking thicker, including switching hairbrush, applying oil to the ends of your hair and at-home head massages
Previously, Sophie shared the three secrets that help keep her metre-long hair looking thicker.
The first thing she said she did was she switched her hairbrush in order to ‘eliminate as much breakage as possible’.
‘I switched from a thick, styling brush to a thin, bristle brush,’ Sophie said.
She favours Tangle Teezer’s Wet Brush ($25.50), which can be used on both wet and dry hair.
The next thing the 23-year-old did was apply oil to the ends of her hair whenever she brushed it.
‘That way your hair is hydrated and it will glide over any knots and eliminate hair pull and breakage,’ Sophie said.
Finally, the Aussie Rapunzel indulges in regular at-home head massages as this not only contributes to hair growth, but it also helps with hair regrowth, which is ‘really important when you want to make your hair thicker and fuller’.
The Aussie Rapunzel’s five tips for hair growth and health
1. Hair oils – She recommends using Argan or Moroccan oil and apply it through the ends of the hair.
The Aussie Rapunzel (pictured) shared her five quick and easy tips for hair health
2. Haircare brushes – Use de-tangling brushes that have small, bendy bristles to avoid split ends and breakage.
3. Regular trims – Trim hair every four months to keep it looking healthy or when the ends are looking thin and sparse.
4. Stimulating hair growth – This can be as simple as brushing your hair from the roots to the ends or massaging the scalp with your fingertips
5. Conditioner – When showering, after applying the conditioner, put your hair up into a bun and leave the conditioner in for 5-10 minutes, then wash it out with cold water to protect the hair cuticles and create shine.
Source: Read Full Article