Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly snubbed an invite to Prince Andrew's birthday, it has been claimed
Harry and Meghan will not be making the trip from Canada for his uncle's 60th birthday on February 19.
Neil Sean, a UK-based royal correspondent who appears on US TV, told Fox News that "it's not very nice for the Queen".
He said: "A mole [told] me it’s an open secret they declined the invite but it’s not very nice for the Queen as, whatever people say and think, he is [still] her son and she wanted her close family around her.
"The reason given is that they already have commitments on the day but also plan to send a gift/card and a video message to be played at the party."
The royal broadcaster claimed the Queen had made plans for a big party for her third child's birthday, one which would also celebrate his charity work.
But he claims to have been told by a palace source that Her Majesty is now "understood to be holding only a small family dinner."
Andrew has been hit by scandal over his relationship with paedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, his car-crash interview with BBC Newsnight and claims he had sex with Virginia Giuffre when she was aged 17, which he denies.
Mr Sean said Andrew is expected to show his face for the wedding of his daughter Princess Beatrice on May 29.
The wedding has become more of a low-key event amid the public outcry, and will not be televised as other royal weddings have been.
And Mr Neal told Fox News how he wasn't sure whether Harry and Meghan would be at Beatrice's big day.
He said royal fans would have to "wait and see if Meghan and Harry attend this event.
He claims a source told him that Beatrice and Meghan "got on well" and the elder daughter of Andrew was "sad she left" but they have so far been unable to "keep that friendship going".
Prince Andrew was not at Beatrice’s engagement party in London in December.
But on February 7 the Mirror reported that, in keeping with tradition, the Duke will give Beatrice away at The Chapel Royal in St James's Palace, Buckingham Palace confirmed.
He did the same for Princess Eugenie when she married Jack Brooksbank at Windsor Castle in 2018.
The announcement came weeks after Andrew was thrown further into the spotlight when FBI investigators looking at the Epstein case claimed he had failed to make good his promise to assist them in their work.
The duke has said he is “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations”.
But FBI federal prosecutor Geoffrey Berman said Andrew “has provided zero co-operation”.
This claim reportedly left the duke “angry and bewildered”. Sources close to him reportedly said he had not received any requests for help from the FBI.
Andrew has strenuously denied all the claims against him.
Source: Read Full Article