FROM party girl to single mum and fitness fanatic, Ferne McCann has gone through one hell of a transformation in her twenties.
Now she wants to help other women turn their lives around.
The former Towie star, who turns 30 today, says: “I’m on this mission to help women feel empowered, sexy and good about themselves.
“In my 20s, I wasn’t sure of myself and I constantly compared myself to other girls.
“I didn’t appreciate my own body and that affected my inner strength.”
In an exclusive interview, Ferne — who is launching her own online health and fitness platform called Embodyment — revealed how swapping fast food and prosecco for a cleaner diet and exercise helped her find inner confidence and cope with pregnancy and all the changes that brought to her mind and body.
Ferne, now mum to two-year-old Sunday, says: “Everyone’s journey into fitness is different and to stay motivated you always have to remember your reasons.
“I like to think I’m a positive person and I’m so passionate about how exercise can help people.
“I might not have had a huge weight-loss transformation like some people, but mentally my transformation has been huge and that’s what I want to share.
“You can feel stronger, more amazing and more confident when you are kinder to your body.
“Now, I feel amazing because I know I can get through that workout and that makes me strong.
“Women need to stop comparing themselves to others — whether that’s their weight, their figure, their wardrobe or even how they parent. I think mums are the worst for it.
“We are all so desperate to compare ourselves to other mums when really we are all doing an amazing job by ourselves and we should celebrate that.”
Ferne’s fitness website, which shares healthy recipes, workouts and expert tips, is aimed at helping women who may lack confidence find their own inner power.
To celebrate the launch, we have an exclusive look at some of Ferne’s favourite dishes and share one of her exercise routines you can do at home.
- Embodyment With Ferne can be found at embodyment.co.uk. Plans start at £39.99 a month.
Blackberry & coconut smoothie
- 300g fresh blackberries
- 400ml low-fat coconut milk
- 600ml almond milk
- Place the fresh blackberries, coconut milk and almond milk in a blender and blitz until you have the desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into four glasses and serve.
Chickpea & tuna salad
- ½ tin chickpeas
- ½ carrot, grated
- Handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Handful salad leaves
- 200g sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ avocado
- 1 small tin tuna
- Combine the chickpeas, grated carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, salad leaves and sweetcorn in a bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Chop avocado into chunks, flake tuna, place on top of salad.
- Add an extra squeeze of lemon to taste if needed.
Vegetable tortilla pizzas
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 6 salad tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 2 x 240g packs mozzarella, torn
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7.
- For each pizza, layer two tortilla wraps on top of each other and spread the top of each with tomato purée, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Top with the salad tomatoes, peppers and mozzarella.
- Carefully crack an egg on to each pizza and season.
- Place in the oven for around ten minutes until the white is set, the yolk is still runny and the cheese has melted.
FROM a standing position, jump into a squat, keeping your back straight and chest up.
Then push through your feet and toes to jump high off the ground and land back on your heels in a low squat.
START in a high plank position. Keep your body straight and slowly lower down by bending the arms.
Then push down towards the floor to bring you back to the start position.
FROM a standing position, run on the spot as fast as you can, trying to bring your knees up as high as you can each time.
START by standing straight. Step back with one leg and bring your heel off the floor to lower your knee towards the ground.
Push through the front foot to return to start position. Repeat on the other leg.
POSITION hands shoulder-width apart on the floor behind you, with legs bent and feet on the floor.
Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body towards the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle.
Press down to straighten your elbows, returning to the start position.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article