Fashion

Meghan and Harry latest – Couple angered William by ‘deliberately misleading’ public about Archie’s birth, says expert

MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry angered Prince William when they "deliberately misled" the public about Archie's birth, an expert has claimed.

In his book Battle of Brothers, royal expert Robert Lacey explains how the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son Archie was born at 5:26am on 5 May 2019 – but Buckingham Palace didn't announce anything about the birth until 2pm that day.

The author – who is an advisor for Netflix's The Crown – claims the statement implied that Meghan had only just gone in to labour when the new mum was actually already at home with baby Archie.

He wrote: "Harry and Meghan were resolute that their newborn baby's first sight of the world should not be the same insane and lethal camera-flashing that had attended — had actually brought about — the death of Diana."

Follow all the latest news on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry below…

  • Ed Southgate

    MEGHAN VOTED BY POST

    Meghan Markle cast her vote for the US President by post, it is claimed.

    The Duchess of Sussexcast an early postal vote before election day, sources told American media.

    She has been vocal about her right to vote.

    Meghan previously said: “I also know that so many men and women have put their lives on the line for us to be heard.

    “And that opportunity, that fundamental right, is in our ability to exercise our right to vote and to make all of our voices heard.”

    “One of my favourite quotes, and one that my husband and I have referred to often, is from Kate Sheppard, a leader in the suffragist movement in New Zealand, who said, 'Do not think your single vote does not matter much.

    “The rain that refreshes the parched ground is made up of single drops.’ That is why I vote.”

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN WAS GIVEN FINDING FREEDOM BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED

    The Duchess of Sussex's legal team said the 39-year-old had been given a copy of the book “immediately before its serialisation”.

    But they insisted it was too late for the former actress to make any changes.

    It is the latest revelation in the Duchess of Sussex's privacy battle as she sues Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged father Thomas Markle.

    In court documents, Meghan Markle's lawyers said: “The Claimant’s US publicist was only given a copy of the Book immediately before its serialisation, by which time it had already been printed.

    “It was therefore too late for the Claimant to ask for any changes to be made, so that the pleaded inference was false, and there was (accordingly) no invitation to suggest amendments to the text, nor any request for such amendments.”

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN'S PAL JESSICA MULRONEY IN CRYPTIC POST 'A******S WE THOUGHT WERE FRIENDS'

    Meghan's best friend Jessica Mulroney shared a cryptic post about her 'true friends' after a 'white privilege' row.

    The Duchess of Sussex was said to have ditched Jessica Mulroney after she was at the centre of a Black Lives Matter row in June.

    Mulroney was accused of using her 'white privilege' against a black social media influencer.

    The celebrity stylist took to Instagram to write: “Thank you to our true friends for sticking by us. We could never have made it without you.

    “Silver lining: we finally know the a******s who we thought were our friends. Best gift we could have ever been given.”

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY ODDS ON TO ANNOUNCE SECOND PREGNANCY BY JANUARY, BOOKIES PREDICT

    The odds on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announcing they will have a second baby by January have currently been slashed by bookies. 

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are parents to one-year-old son Archie, but have said they are keen to have more children. 

    Bookmaker Coral currently have odds on, at 4-5, that Meghan and Harry will tell fans they are expecting a second child by the end of 2020, while Ladbrokes odds are 5/4. 

    Coral's Harry Aitkenhead said: “It seems certain that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will add to their family and we make it odds on they announce before the end of the year that they are expecting.”

    Last year, Prince Harry revealed he wants more kids as he spoke with conservationist Jane Goodall in the Q&A.

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN ASKS FOR NINE MONTHS DELAY ON COURT CASE

    The Duchess of Sussex has won a nine-month delay in her privacy trial against a newspaper.

    In a private hearing, lawyers for Meghan persuaded a judge to put off the court date until at least late autumn in 2021.

    The reason for the request was not revealed.

    Meghan, 39, is suing the publishers of the Mail on Sunday after the paper printed extracts of a handwritten letter she sent to her dad Thomas Markle, 76.

    At the High Court in London, Justice Warby ruled a “confidential ground” submitted by her lawyers means the trial, previously scheduled for January, can be delayed for a further nine months.

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY WILL 'NEVER REPAIR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP' WITH KATE AND WILLIAM, AUTHOR CLAIMS

    The cracks in Prince Harry and Prince William’s relationship will “never” be repaired, a royal expert has claimed. 

    Ingrid Seward, who is the editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, said that she fears the brothers’ bond is beyond repair after Harry stepped down as a senior royal this year. 

    Speaking on the Pod Save The Queen podcast, she said: “I rather doubt that they will ever get back to how they used to be. I really don't think so.

    “I think that's probably a broken relationship.

    “I think perhaps if something happened to Catherine or Meghan, the boys would be together again. But as long as their ladies are there and their families are there…

    “If there was an awful tragedy it would bring them together, but otherwise I don't think that relationship will be mended. But that is a really personal point of view and I might not be right.”

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN MADE HARRY 'RESENTFUL' OF 'UNJUST' WAY HE WAS TREATED COMPARED TO WILLIAM, EXPERT SAYS

    Royal author Robert Lacey claimed both Prince Harry and Prince William had a wild side in their youth in his new book Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of A Family in Tumult.

    Speaking to Vanity Fair, the royal expert claimed Harry felt his partying was judged more harshly than his brother – who allegedly was just as much of a “party boy”.

    The expert said: “He and William both misbehaved but Harry was blamed for everything.

    “He became resentful of the stereotyping in the media.”

    What's more, the expert claims Meghan Markle opened his eyes to the "injustice" of the situation.

  • Becky Pemberton

    PRINCE CHARLES SHARES SADNESS AT 'NOT SEEING ARCHIE FOR MORE THAN A YEAR' AFTER MEGHAN AND HARRY LEFT THE UK

    According to the Daily Mail, Prince Charles has spoken of his sadness at “not seeing Archie for a YEAR” after Meghan Markle and Prince Harry left for Canada last November.

    An insider told the publication: “The Prince of Wales enjoyed popping into Frogmore Cottage to see his youngest grandchild and is sad that he hasn’t seen him for so long.

    “He has missed much of his development since he is now growing up in the USA.”

    Last November, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the UK for a six-week break in Canada.

    Since then, they have returned to Britain twice – but did not bring Archie with them on either occasion.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    HARRY AND MEGHAN SHARED THEIR 'KNOWLEDGE'

    Ashley Banjo said: “Harry and Meghan gave me a call. I was sat outside in my garden and Harry and Meghan gave me a call and we had a chat for about an hour.

    “We spoke things through and they just told me that they were there for me and I can always lean on them.”

    What's more, Ashley said the couple shared their experience and “knowledge” with him during the supportive chat.

    He continued: “They opened my eyes to a lot of things I wasn't aware of actually,  so I was really grateful to both of them.”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    SUSSEXES TELL BANJO HE CAN 'LEAN ON THEM' AMID BLM ROW

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry told Diversity's Ashley Banjo he could “lean on us” during an hour-long phone amid the Britain's Got Talent BLM row.

    In September, Diversity's BLM-inspired routine became the second-most complained about television moment of the decade – after over 23,000 viewers wrote in to Ofcom.

    Appearing on Lorraine this morning, the 32-year-old Britain's Got Talent judge said he was “grateful” for the Duke and Duchess for their support.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    ALL THE TIMES MEGHAN BROKE PROTOCOL:SHUTTING HER OWN DOOR

    In September 2018, Meghan effectively broke the internet when she shut her OWN car door while arriving at her first solo royal engagement in London.

    When she arrived at the Oceania exhibit at the Royal Academy of Arts, the Duchess slammed the car door shut behind her – which Royals usually never do as there's typically someone waiting to close it for them.

    Many Twitter users praised Meghan for being “down to earth”, with one revealing they'd never seen a member of the royal family shut their own car door before.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    ALL THE TIMES MEGHAN BROKE PROTOCOL:GUSHING WEDDING SPEECH

    Millions of royal fans tuned in to watch Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's fairytale Windsor wedding in 2018.

    But that evening, the couple enjoyed a private reception with 250 guests in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

    And while royal brides don't generally make a speech on their big day, the biography Finding Freedom claims the Duchess broke this tradition too.

    Royal experts Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand claim Meghan said finding love was “worth the wait” and called Prince Harry “the one”.

    In the speech, the US actress reportedly singled out Prince Charles – just hours after her new father-in-law walked her down the aisle.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    ALL THE TIMES MEGHAN BROKE PROTOCOL: NO TIGHTS

    When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement in November 2017, the couple appeared before the world's press at Kensington Palace.

    Newly-engaged Meghan looked sensational in a white wrap coat, green fitted dress and pair of £440 nude Aquazurra heels.

    But despite the chilly temperature, the Duchess ditched the denier that day – even though it's believed to be against royal fashion protocol.

    Victoria Arbiter told Insider that The Queen believes all Royal women should wear nude nights for public appearances.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    MEGHAN BREAKS ROYAL PROTOCOL BY VOTING

    Where the Duchess would previously never have to think twice about the colour of her nails or if she was wearing tights, her every move was watched by fans all over the world when she became fully-fledged royal.

    This week, Meghan – who is now living in California – is expected to make history as the first ever member of the Royal Family to exercise her right to vote.

    This, of course, breaks royal protocol.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    WRITTEN IN THE STARS

    There are few more iconic couples than Kate Middleton and Prince William – and it seems that their romance was written in the stars.

    According to our resident Tarotscope reader Kerry King the Cambridges are the “perfect astrological match” but Harry and Meghan are a more “curious” pairing.

    Meghan (Leo) and Harry (Virgo) are a curious blend of Fire and Earth.3

    Fiery Megan is passionate, eager to lead, born to perform, whereas Earthy Harry is more practical, pragmatic, and behind the scenes.

    She coaxes him out of his shell, and he keeps her feet on the ground.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    SIMON COWELL WANTS TO WORK WITH MEGHAN AND HARRY

    Simon Cowell is hoping to join forces with  Prince Harry and Meghan over their upcoming TV projects.

    He is keen to work with the pair more after they signed deal with Netflix.

    A source said: “Simon is a huge fan of Prince Harry and Meghan and has known the Prince for many years.

    “Harry used to pop along to The X Factor back in the day.

    “They have mutual friends in common and now Harry and Meghan are moving into the entertainment industry themselves.”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    OMID SCOBIE TOLD TO 'JUMP OFF BRIDGE' BY TROLLS

    Meghan Markle biographer Omid Scobie has revealed vile messages that trolls have sent him telling him to “jump off a bridge”.

    The journalist released Finding Freedom about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's decision to leave the Royal Family – with the behind-the-scenes bio quickly becoming a best seller.

    But the author shared the vicious messages he had been receiving as he called on social media companies to do more.

    One of the messages, shared from an online profile without a picture, read: “Now that Meggsy is done with you finish the job and jump off a bridge. You won't be missed!”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    PRINCE WILLIAM IS SECOND FAVOURITE ROYAL

    Prince William was the second favourite royal, with a 80 per cent positive review, and 76 per cent voted favourably of Kate Middleton – both increased since March. 

    Meanwhile, public opinion on Meghan and Harry has slipped since they announced they were stepping back as senior royals earlier this year and moving across the pond. 

    Harry had a 71 per cent positive rating in October 2019, but this fell to 55 per cent after his bombshell announcement, with Meghan’s also falling from 55 per cent to 38 per cent. 

    The Duchess of Sussex garners a positive response among a third of UK adults (33 per cent) but nearly six in ten (59 per cent) have a negative opinion of her. 

  • Claudia Aoraha

    QUEEN STILL THE MOST POPULAR ROYAL

    The Queen’s popularity has soared during the coronavirus lockdown, but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s public opinion has plummeted, a new poll revealed today. 

    Brits were polled across January, March and October by the YouGov Royal favourability tracker, and found the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are falling out of favour. 

    When asked if they had a positive opinion of the Queen, 83 per cent of people said they did, which has increased from 79 per cent in March. 

  • Claudia Aoraha

    KATE HAD TO HAVE A 'BACK UP PLAN' IF WILLS DUMPED HER

    In his new book Battle of Brothers, Robert Lacey claims Kate Middleton had to come up with a “back up plan” in case William broke up with her.

    He wrote: “While Kate's medium-to-long-term objective was quite simple – to lead William in handcuffs to the altar – for the time being, she had to devise her own independent career path as camouflage.”

    In 2007, Kate worked as an accessories buyer for British fashion brand Jigsaw – which the biographer claims helped both her personal and public image.

    The expert added: “In neither respect would it help Ms Middleton to appear the slightest bit needy – and of course there was the ultimate unthinkable possibility that she might end up getting dumped!”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    BABY BIRTH COMPARISON

    When each of their three children were born, Prince William and Kate Middleton introduced their newborns to the world's press on the steps of the Lindo Wing hours after their arrival.

    In contrast, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry waited two days for their first photocall with Archie which took place in Windsor.

    The expert claims that Prince William's frustration with Harry and Meghan's birth announcement is why he allegedly didn't meet his new nephew for eight days.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    MEGS AND HARRY 'ANGERED' WILLIAM OVER ARCHIE'S BIRTH

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry angered Prince William when they “deliberately misled” the public about Archie's birth, an expert has claimed.

    In his book Battle of Brothers, royal expert Robert Lacey explains how the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son Archie was born at 5:26am on 5 May 2019 – but Buckingham Palace didn't announce anything about the birth until 2pm that day.

    The author – who is an advisor for Netflix's The Crown – claims the statement implied that Meghan had only just gone in to labour when the new mum was actually already at home with baby Archie.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    MEGHAN'S PRE-ROYALTY INSTAGRAM

    Before she deleted her Instagram profile back in 2018, Meghan had been a prolific social media user.

    From sultry selfies to family snaps, the 39-year-old’s account was open book when it came to giving an insight into her personal life.

    Here our body language expert Judi James reveals the real meaning behind Meg’s Instagram posts. Read more here.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    JESSICA MULRONEY FIGHTS TROLLS

    Meghan Markle’s best friend Jessica Mulroney has hit out over the 40 vile messages she receives every day from trolls.

    The Canadian stylist, 40, shared one hurtful posting from a keyboard warrior to highlight the curse of women attacking fellow females over how they look.

    The cruel post read: “Mulrony looks an old woman. She always has her head & neck jutting forward, sort of hunched over. Her mouth his always hanging open too.

    “I won’t even start on that massive forhead. She dresses like a cheap 20 yr old… what is “fashionable” about that that thing? [sic]”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    MEGHAN WILL BE FIRST ROYAL TO VOTE

    Meghan Markle will make history this week as she becomes the first member of the royal family to vote in an election.

    She's expected to have her say in the US Presidential race, which sees Joe Biden take on Donald Trump.

    Although members of the royal family are legally allowed to vote, they don't as the monarchy is meant to be politically neutral.

Source: Read Full Article