A SAVVY cleaning fanatic has shared an easy way to get rid of annoying fruit flies in no time – and it costs just pennies.
The much-awaited arrival of summer also comes with another, less welcome guest – pesky fruit flies taking over your kitchen.
This is a problem one TikTok user, only known as @dropitlikeitshaute, used to struggle with – until she came up with a simple hack.
According to the cleaning enthusiast, believed to be from the US, you only need a handful of ingredients that are already in your home .
To make the fruit fly repellent, the guru advised to grab a plastic container, as well as some dish soap and a dash of vinegar.
''First you need to add dish soap and put it in a small container or a cup.
read more on homes
My hack keeps bugs, spiders, and wasps away – all you need is a $4 Target item
Cleaning fans race to Home Bargains for new Pink Stuff item hailed as a ‘lifesaver’
''Add some vinegar to it – but just enough where you can smell it,'' she instructed in the clip.
Once done, pour in some water to create bubbles in the DIY concoction and have a little sniff – if you can't smell any vinegar, add some more.
At this point, you can add cling film on top and poke teeny holes- but according to the pro, you can skip this step.
''Leave the container out overnight and this is the outcome in the morning – the flies get stuck in the bubbles.''
Most read in Fabulous
I married a man who didn’t speak my language, says Kelly Brook
I’m a conjoined twin but manage to have sex despite my brother being there
Mums stare and whisper about me at the school gates for the same reason
I know I'm a hot granny and love showing off my figure in skimpy outfits
Since being posted on the social media platform, the clip has already racked up over a whopping 670k views, as more than a hundred people flocked to comments.
Whilst some thanked the whizz, others shared their top recommendations.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
For instance, one said: ''Add sugar to the mix you’ll get rid of them in day.''
Another vouched for the hack, writing: ''I do the same, but use apple cider vinegar instead. Works wonders.''
''A little bit of wine left over in the bottom of the bottle does WONDERS,'' an internet user insisted.
''Beer and dish soap works too,'' a fellow cleaning fanatic penned.
''This didn’t work for me,'' someone left a negative review.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article