THERE'S nothing quite like a nice hot cup of joe to start your day, but your coffee maker may need a clean from time to time.
So if you're using a Nespresso machine, how do you clean it, and how often should this be done?
How to clean a Nespresso machine
Nespresso machines are a great way to get a barista-style brew from the comfort of your own home.
But you'll need to clean it regularly to keep at its best, and ready to give you that much-needed boost in the morning.
Here's how you clean one, according to the Pure Wow website, (with further info on how to descale it later).
To do it, you'll need some dish soap, and a container that can hold a litre of water to fit under the appliance's machine head.
Empty the water tank
First things first: take out the water tank and toss the contents into the sink.
Using a mild dish soap, give it a hand wash and then a thorough rinse.
READ MORE IN FABULOUS
Mrs Hinch fans share 7p hack to dry clothes without using your tumble dryer
You have the eyes of a hawk if you can spot the dog hiding in the field
After that, refill the tank with fresh drinking water and put it back into place.
Give the capsule container a once over
Lift open the top of the machine and remove the used capsule in there, if there is one.
Take out the container and give it a hand wash with water and a mild dish detergent again, dry it and put it back.
Clean the drip tray
Next, pull out the appliance's drip tray and use your trusty warm water and soap to clean it.
Most read in The Sun
Brit BEATS both Swarmz & Pineda by KNOCKOUT and calls out Tommy Fury
Andrew's daughters Beatrice & Eugenie beg Charles to give their shamed dad new job
Watch Ronaldo prank Rio Ferdinand and prove Carragher snub WAS personal
I'm fed up of my ex's step kids stealing the clothes I buy my children
When it's dry, pop it back in.
Turn the heat up
Now it's time to heat up your machine, once it's ready the light will go from flashing to steady.
Start the cleaning function
After the light indicates it's ready, place container on the cup tray.
Push the button three times in quick succession.
The rinsing process will now begin, and water should start to come out from where the coffee normally appears within a couple of minutes.
The process should be completed in around seven minutes.
How often should I clean my Nespresso machine?
Cleaning appliances like your coffee machine may not sound like fun, but it's important to keep your kitchen devices working at their best.
Thankfully, we've got plenty of cleaning hacks to make cleaning your home as simple and effective as possible.
Where Nespresso machines are concerned, how often you clean it depends on how much you use it, but you should look to give it a good clean at least once a month.
Read More on The Sun
You could be fined £5,000 if you don’t transport your dog properly
Woman’s ‘inappropriate’ G-string swimsuit at family water park splits opinion
How to descale a Nespresso machine
It's also important to descale your machine, as limescale can build up within it.
In order to avoid this, you'll need to descale it every three months or so.
Here's how you do it:
- Take out the capsule container and drip tray, and empty them. Wash them with soapy water as before and put them back when dry.
- Take out the tank and pour out any water in it. Put in one unit of Nespresso descaling liquid and half a litre of water, before putting the tank back in
- Get the machine to heat up as before, waiting until the light stops flashing
- Now for the tricky part: activating descaling mode. Open the machine head to pop out the capsule, then close it and move the lever clockwise to the unlocked position
- Then, press and hold the button until it begins flashing orange. Once this begins, you've got 45 seconds to begin descaling. This is done by placing a container that can contain at least a litre under where the coffee comes out, then turning the lever anti-clockwise to lock the device
- Descaling will then begin automatically
- Once it's completed, the light will stop flashing orange. Remove the drip tray, water tank and capsule container and give them a good hand wash, before drying and putting them back in the appliance
- Then fill the tank back up with drinking water and throw out what's in the container from the descaling process and put it back under the cup tray.
- Press the button and the rinsing cycle will start
- After that, chuck out the container contents, give it a wash and put away for next time
- Refill the water tank put it back in, and you're good to go!
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article