The ‘Gossip Girl’ alum who recently gave birth to her fourth child has confirmed she will be staying at home instead of attending the fashion’s biggest night out.
AceShowbiz –Blake Lively won’t come to the 2023 Met Gala. The 35-year-old actress has turned up at the red carpet event at the glitzy event – which is set up by Vogue editor Anna Wintour and features the biggest A-List celebrities arriving in high-end fashion pieces – multiple times over the course of her career but confirmed that she will be watching from her sofa when this year’s gathering takes place on Monday, May 1.
“You will not! Thank you, that’s very sweet. I’ll be wearing that on my couch on Monday,” she said when asked by reporters if they would see her make an appearance this time round after being complimented on last year’s look – which comprised of an Atelier Versace copper gown and matching gloves.
Blake – who made her first appearance at the Met Gala in 2008 – shot to fame in her early 20s when she was cast in the hit drama series “Gossip Girl” and revealed that last year’s outfit was a nod to the show that kickstarted her career.
At the time, she told Vogue, “Grand Central felt like a sort of really neat full-circle moment because [in] the first shot of ‘Gossip Girl’, I’m on a train and I pull into the station, and it’s a shot of Grand Central station. I wanted to arrive in Grand Central felt like a sort of really neat full-circle moment because [in] the first shot of Gossip Girl, I’m on a train and I pull into the station, and it’s a shot of Grand Central station.”
The event – which is known in showbusiness as “fashion’s biggest night out” – will this year follow a theme titled “Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty” in honor of the late industry legend and it has been confirmed that the likes of Hilton heiress Paris Hilton as well as pop star Dua Lipa, actress Penelope Cruz, and reality superstar Kim Kardashian have all received invitations.
You can share this post!
Source: Read Full Article